Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-02-5 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper presents findings from the preliminary phases of a design-based research study of an innovative curriculum for Chinese high school students and the accompanying professional development model for Chinese teachers. The curriculum incorporates 21st century pedagogical approaches and is designed for high school students aspiring for admission to western colleges and universities. Both the curriculum for the high school students and the professional development design were created through a university/business joint venture. These programs represent initial efforts to develop a carefully crafted curriculum for Chinese high school students to scaffold the acquisition of skills and knowledge necessary for success in American higher education institutions. Instructional design challenges and considerations associated with culture and technology are addressed. Findings from baseline data collected during the initial phases of the pilot implementation are presented and discussed.
Cunningham, A., Gentry, J., Lin, L., Phillips, L. & Branham, H. (2013). The Knowledge-based Economy and 21st Century Pedagogy in China. In R. McBride & M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2013--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3493-3498). New Orleans, Louisiana, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/48639/.
- Barab, S. (2006). Design-based research: A methodological toolkit for the learning sciences. In Sawyer, R.K. (Ed.), The Cambridge handbook of the learning sciences (pp. 153-169). New York: N.Y.: Cambridge University
- Fullan, M. (2013). Stratosphere: Integrating technology, pedagogy, and change knowledge. Toronto, Ontario,
- Institute of International Education. (2011). Open doors report on international education exchange. Retrieved from: http://www.iie.org/Research-and-Publications/Open-Doors/Data/Fact-Sheets-by-Country/2011
- International Society for Technology in Education. (2007). National educational technology standards for students. Retrieved from: http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-students
- Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education (2012). Opening up of Jiangsu education. Retrieved from: http://english.jsjyt.gov.cn/ceprograms/open/index.php
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record. 108 (6), 1017-1054.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (1996). The knowledge based economy. Retrieved from: http://www.oecd.org/science/scienceandtechnologypolicy/1913021.pdf
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.