Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Office Data Processing Teachers Technology Knowledge
Bolaji Adegbenro, TSHWANE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MSTE DEPARTMENT, South Africa ; Willy Mwakapenda, Tshwane University of Technology, MSTE, Department, South Africa ; Oludayo Olugbara, Durban University of Technology, South Africa
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Austin, Texas, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-92-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper describes an instrument that was used for collecting data for a study that aimed at investigating the nature of beginning and veteran Office Data Processing (ODP) teachers’ Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge (TPACK) in the use of Information and Communication Technology(ICT) tools in Further Education and Training (FET) colleges in South Africa. The paper describes process of development of the survey instrument. It presents result from a pilot study involving 107 beginning and veteran ODP teachers. The test for internal consistency based upon Cronbach’s alpha indicates that the modification and adaptation process of the survey instrument is reliable and valid for collecting data relevant to the study and to other studies that intend to describe the nature of teachers TPACK in ICT-based classrooms.
Adegbenro, B., Mwakapenda, W. & Olugbara, O. (2012). Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Office Data Processing Teachers Technology Knowledge. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of SITE 2012--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 4191-4199). Austin, Texas, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/40269/.
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K – 12 online distance educators in the United States Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, CITE Journal, 9(1). Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org (cid:3)
- Beatty, L. (2001). ICT and Pedagogy: A Review of the Research Literature. DFES Project Report ICT in Schools Research and Evaluation Series, Vol. 17, (pp. 1-51).
- Biggs, J. (1999). Teaching for quality learning at University: What the student does. Society for research into Higher Education Open University Press.
- Burns, K. (2007). Technology, Content and Pedagogy: United in Pre-service Teacher Instruction. In Crawford C, et al (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference, Chesapeake, VA: AACE.Schiffrin, D. (1995).
- Department of Education. (2007). National Certificate Vocational Assessment Guidelines Office Data Processing NQF Level, (pp. 2-4).
- Ferris, T.L.J. (2009). On the Method of Research for Systems Engineering. 7th Annual Conference on Systems Engineering Research. Loughborough University, UK
- Foster, P.A., Dawson V.M, and Reid, D. (2005). Measuring Preparedness to Teach with ICT. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 21, No. 1, (pp. 1-18).
- Koehler, M and Mishra, P. (2006). What Happens when Teachers Design Educational Technology? The Development of TPACK. Journal of Educational Computing Research, Vol, 32, No.2, (131-152).
- McCormick, B and Thomann, W (2007). Integration of Pedagogy, Technology and Content in an Undergraduate Research Course. In Crawford, C. Et al (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference.
- Mishra, P and Koehler M. (2005). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Integrating Technology in Teacher Knowledge. Teacher College Record, Vol. 108, No. 6 (1017-1054).
- Mishra, P and Koehler M. (2008). Introducing TPACK in AACTE Committee on Innovation and technology (Ed) Handbook of TPACK. New York: Routledge. Schmidt, D.A Baran, E, Thompson, A.D, Mishra, P, Koehler, M.J. Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Pre-service Teachers. Journal of Research Technology Education, Vol 42, No. 2, (123 – 149). StataCorp, (2009). Stata: Release 11 Statistical Software. College Station, Tx: StataCorp LP.-4198 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.