Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The development of a survey to assess teacher candidates’ knowledge of TK, TCK, and TPK is presented. The survey is unique in that it is derived from a taxonomy of characteristics for TK, TCK, and TPK developed by the authors from observation of elementary teacher candidates’ teaching practice. The survey includes items that target knowledge and skills related to teaching with technology that contribute to elementary teacher candidates’ success in their initial teaching experiences with technology. The reliability of the survey was determined through a pilot study with 48 teacher candidate representatives of the target population. Concurrently, content validity was assessed by three experts in the field of teaching with technology. Based on feedback from the teacher candidates and experts, the survey was revised. Preliminary findings and results from further pilot testing with the revised survey will be reported in the paper.
Figg, C. & Jaipal, K. (2011). Developing a Survey from a Taxonomy of Characteristics for TK, TCK, and TPK to Assess Teacher Candidates’ Knowledge of Teaching with Technology. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 4330-4339). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/37012/.
- Creswell, J.W. (2005). Educational research: Planning, conducting, and evaluating quantitative and qualitative research. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education, Inc.
- Cox, S., and Graham, C.R. (2009). Diagramming TPACK in practice: Using an elaborated model of the TPACK framework to analyze and depict teacher knowledge. TechTrends, 53(5), 60-69.
- Figg, C., and Burson, J. (2009). Designs for unpacking technological, pedagogical, and content Knowledge (TPACK): A handy guide for teaching and learning with technology. Welland, ON: Soleil Press.
- Jaipal, K. (2008). Pre-service teachers implementing ICT-integrated strategies during the practicum: Frustrations and successes. In K, McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference Annual (pp.5238-5241). Chesapeake, VA: Association for Advancement of
- Jaipal, K., Figg, C., Atack, M., & Orvitz, F. (2008). Existing community practices and designed interventions: Understanding the tensions in supporting preservice teachers to integrate ICT during practice teaching. In K. McFerrin et al. (Eds.), Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference Annual (pp. 5235-5237). Chesapeake, VA: Association for Advancement of Computing in
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for integrating technology in teachers’ knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017–1054.
- Schmidt, D., Baran, E., Thompson, A., Mishra, M., Koehler, M., & Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Preservice Teachers Williams, M. Foulger, T.S., & Wetzel, K. (2009). Preparing preservice teachers for 21st century classrooms: Transforming attitudes and behaviors about innovative technology. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 17(3) 393-418.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
A Case Study of a TPACK-Based Approach to Teacher Professional Development:Teaching Science With Blogs
Kamini Jaipal-Jamani & Candace Figg, Brock University, Canada
Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education Vol. 15, No. 2 (June 2015) pp. 161–200
Transitioning into the Role of Technology Leaders: Building Faculty Capacity for Technology-enhanced Teaching
Kamini Jaipal-Jamani, Candace Figg, Diane Collier, Tiffany Gallagher, Kari-Lynn Winters & Katia Ciampa, Brock University, Canada
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2015 (Mar 02, 2015) pp. 3264–3271
Judi Harris, College of William & Mary, United States; Neal Grandgenett, University of Nebraska at Omaha, United States; Mark Hofer, College of William & Mary, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (Mar 05, 2012) pp. 4696–4703
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.