Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This research focuses on the field experience of secondary pre-service students, and examines the development of the trainee teachers’ information and communication skills (ICT) asking ‘do pre-service teachers use their field experience to develop their potential to integrate ICT in schools?” This work-in-progress, case study in New Zealand, seeks to identify how pre-service teachers develop their ICT knowledge and to examine to what extent this knowledge is put to use and developed during field experience. Using Mishra and Kohler’s TPACK model as a theoretical base, students’ understanding of the links between pedagogy, content and technology were examined before, during and after the field experience. Preliminary results indicate that pre-service teachers do use their field experience to further develop knowledge and skills around the integration of ICT into their teaching, indicating the development of TPACK concepts understanding to effectively integrate ICT as an important part of becoming a full-fledged teacher.
Nordin, H., Morrow, D. & Davis, N. (2011). Pre-Service Teachers’ Experience with ICT Integration in Secondary Schools: A Case Study of One New Zealand Context. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3915-3920). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/36943/.
- Abbott, J.A., & Faris, S.E. (2000). Integrating technology into preservice literacy instruction: A survey of Elementary Education Students' Attitudes toward Computers. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 33(2).
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 71-88.
- Choy, D., Wong, A., & Gao, P. (2008). Singapore’s preservice teachers’ perspectives in integrating information and communication technology (ICT) during practicum. Paper presented at the AARE Conference.
- Davis, N.E. (2010). Technology and preservice teacher education. In Barry McGraw, Eva Baker and Penelope
- Divaharan, S., & Koh, J.H.L. (2010). Learning as students to become better teachers: Pre-service teachers' IWB learning experience. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 26(4), 553-570.
- Doering, A., Hughes, J.E., & Huffman, D. (2003). Preservice Teachers: Are we thinking with technology? Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 35(3), 342-361.
- Kay, R.H. (2006). Evaluating strategies used to incorporate technology into pre-service education: A review of the literature. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 38(4), 383-408.
- Lai, K.-W. (2008). ICT supporting the learning process: The premise, reality, and promise. In J. Voogt& G. Knezek
- Marra, R.M. (2004). An online course to help teachers "use technology to enhance learning": Successes and limitations. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 12(3), 411-420.
- Masood, M. (2010). An initial comparison of Educational Technology courses for training teachers at Malaysian Universities: A Comparative Study. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 9(1), 23-27.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A framework for integrating technology in teachers' knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- New Zealand Teachers Council (2007). Graduating Teacher Standards. Author: Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Nordin, H., & Hashim, R.A. (2008). Teacher trainees' readiness to use multimedia in classroom instruction. Paper
- Teacher Education Division (2009). Malaysian Teacher Standard. Putrajaya: Ministry of Education of Malaysia.
- Ward, G., & Overall, T. (2010). Pre-service teacher technology integration: The team-taught cohort model and TPACK. In D. Gibson& B. Dodge (Eds.), Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3944-3951). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Yin, R.K. (2009). Case Study Research: Design and Methods (Fourth ed. Vol. 5). United States of America: SAGE Publications, Inc.-3920 DASHDASH
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hasniza Nordin, Donna Morrow & Niki Davis, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (Mar 05, 2012) pp. 4275–4280
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.