Using the TPACK Framework to Study a Sixth Grade Classroom with High Access to Technology
Keith Wetzel, Arizona State University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Abstract: This is a qualitative study addressing the question: In what ways does an experienced middle school teacher use the TPACK framework in her classroom? The researcher observed in this class, interviewed the teacher, and looked for evidence of the interplay between components of the model. This teacher’s class was particularly appropriate for this study because she was an experienced teacher who was selected by her school district to pilot a classroom with one computer for each student and many other technologies. This study applied the TPACK theoretical model to her classroom to help us better understand how the model is translated into reality. Evidence was found of the interplay between TPACK components. Recommendations were made regarding the need for additional cases to be used in professional development.
Wetzel, K. (2011). Using the TPACK Framework to Study a Sixth Grade Classroom with High Access to Technology. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3770-3780). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/36915/.
- Lincoln, Y, & Guba, E. (1985). Naturalistic inquiry. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage Publication, Inc.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108, 1017-1054.
- Schmidt, D., Baran, E., Thompson, A., Mishra, P., Koehler, M., Shin, T. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2) 123 – 149.
- SIGTE Leaders and NTLS Program Committee (2008). Realizing technology potential through TPACK. Leading and Learning with Technology, September/October, 23-26.
- Strauss, A. (1987). Qualitative analysis for social scientists. New York: Cambridge University Press. TPACK Venn Diagram. Wiki at http://tpack.org/ Maintained by Matthew Koehler and Punya Mishra and last
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- presentation_3045_33319.ppt (Access with Subscription)