Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Nashville, Tennessee, USA ISBN 978-1-880094-84-6 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper presents the findings from a non-experimental Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) analysis of the raw data used to measure (n = 596) educators at virtual schools in the United States TPACK levels using SPSS and Amos Graphics statistical software. A measurement model (MM) where PCK and TPACK were latent constructs was compared to a MM with seven TPACK constructs correlated as latent constructs. Findings suggest that seven constructs were not measured. The preferred alternative model considered only two latent constructs and used the sub-scale items to be causal indicators measuring the latent constructs PCK and TPACK’s effect on educators.
Jones, B., Adelson, J. & Archambault, L. (2011). Using SEM to Move from Theory to Practice with the TPACK Framework. In M. Koehler & P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2011--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2518-2525). Nashville, Tennessee, USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/36688/.
- AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology. (2008). Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) for educators. Routledge Taylor& Francis Group: New York& London.
- Archambault, L.M., & Barnett, J.H. (2010). Revisiting technological pedagogical content knowledge: Exploring the TPACK framework. Computers& Education, 55, 1656-1662.
- Archambault, L., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 71-88.
- Browne, M.W., & Cudeck, R. (1993). Alternative ways of assessing model fit. In K.A. Bollen& J.S. Long (Eds.), Testing Structural Equation Models, P. 445-455, Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
- Hu, L., & Bentler, P.M. (1999). Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives. Structural Equation Modeling,6, 1-55.
- Kline, R.B. (2010). Principles and practice of structural equation modeling (3rd Edition). New York: Guildford Press.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 10, 1017-1054.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2010). Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research& Teacher Education, 42(2), 123-149.
- Shulman, L.S. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15(2), 4-14.
- Ward, C.L., & Benson, S.N.K. (2010). Developing new schemas for online teaching and learning: TPACK. MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, 6(2), 482-490.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.