EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Montreal, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-56-3 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
The T3 project is a joint venture between Zayed University and Abu Dhabi Educational Zone. It is designed to train in-service teachers on the development of technology tools for use in the classroom. The paper starts with a description of the project and its role within the United Arab Emirates context, followed by an overview of the training program. It discusses the technology tools developed and provides examples. It presents preliminary survey results regarding the status of the project and its implementation, highlighting challenges faced at the different stages, The paper concludes with discussing future project evaluation plans.
Dada, R. & Atallah, F. (2005). Technology Tools for Teachers (T3): A Case Study. In P. Kommers & G. Richards (Eds.), Proceedings of ED-MEDIA 2005--World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia & Telecommunications (pp. 4795-4800). Montreal, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/20835/.
© 2005 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Baker, E.L., Gearhart, M., & Herman, J.L. (1994). Evaluating the apple classrooms of tomorrow. In E.L. Baker, and H.F.O’Neill, Jr. (Eds.). Technology assessment in education and training. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
- Barr, R. & Thorson, C. (2003). Idaho Technology Initiative Status Report 1991-2002. 2003 Legislative Session. College of School Improvement and Policy Studies.
- Harel, I., & Papert, S. (1991). Software design as a learning environment. In I. Harel and S. Papert (Eds.). Constructionism, 41-84. Norwood, NJ: Ablex.
- Henriquez, A. & Riconscente, M. (1999). Rhode Island Teachers and Technology Initiative Program Evaluation Final
- Mann, D., Shakeshaft, C., Becker, J., & Koltkamp, R. (1999). West Virginia’s Basic Skills/Computer Education Program: An Analysis of Student Achievement. Santa Monica, CA: Milken Family Foundation.
- Sivin-Kachala, J. (1998). Report on the effectiveness of technology in schools, 1990-1997. Software Publisher’s Association.
- Scardamalia, M., & Bereiter, C. (1996). Computer support for knowledge-building communities. In T.K. Schwann, (ed.). CSCL: Theory and practice of an emerging paradigm. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
- Wenglinsky, H. (1998). Does it compute? The relationship between educational technology and student achievement in mathematics. Educational Testing Service Policy Information Center.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.