Investigating the Effects of a Technology Integrated Field Experience on Teaching Using TPACK
Lisa Harris, Winthrop University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Austin, TX, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-27-8 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This study examines the impact of adding a field experience to a technology integration course for pre-service teachers in which students are required to design and teach three technology integrated lessons under the mentorship of a host teacher in a P-12 partner school. The technological, pedagogical, and content knowledge (TPACK) framework was used to assess student growth. Analysis of results indicate that pre-service teachers benefit from the added field experience.
Harris, L. (2017). Investigating the Effects of a Technology Integrated Field Experience on Teaching Using TPACK. In P. Resta & S. Smith (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2351-2356). Austin, TX, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/177949/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Child Trends. (2015). Home Computer Access and Internet Use. Bethesda, MD: Authors. Available online at http://www.childtrends.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/69_Computer_Use.pdf.
- Council of Chief State School Officers (2011). InTASC Model Core Teaching Standards. Washington, DC: Authors.
- Education Week. (2016). Technology Counts 2016. Education Week. Retrieved from http://www.edweek.org/ew/toc/2016/06/09/index.html.
- Harris, J., Grandgenett, N., & Hofer, M. (2010). Testing a TPACK-based technology integration assessment rubric. Book Chapters, Book 6. Available online at http://publish.wm.edu/bookchapters/6. Mishra, P., & And Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for integrating technology in teachers’ knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6).
- Muilenburg, L.Y., & Berge, Z.L. (2015). Revisiting teacher preparation: Responding to technology transience in the educational setting. The Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 16(2).
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education. (2008). NCATE Unit Standards. Washington, DC: Authors.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2).
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.