Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Austin, TX, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-27-8 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Currently, the literature contains multiple approaches to teacher candidate TPACK development. The Learning Activity Types Short Courses, which assist with scaffolding the process of combining content, pedagogy, and technologies in instruction for teacher candidates, are a recent addition to the literature. The purpose of this study was to characterize early career teacher candidate Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) before and after the implementation of a Learning Activity Types Short Course in an undergraduate introductory educational technology course. Data collection occurred through a pre/post TPACK survey, as well as assessment of teacher candidate lesson plans completed before and after the Short Course. Data analysis was complete using both descriptive and inferential statistics. Findings suggest that while candidate TPACK self-efficacy remained mostly constant throughout the study, their enacted TPACK experienced a statistically significant increase.
Mourlam, D. & Bleecker, H. (2017). Early Career Teacher Candidate TPACK Development: Implementation of a Learning Activity Types Short Course. In P. Resta & S. Smith (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2404-2409). Austin, TX, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/177535/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Albion, P.R. (2012). Designing for explicit TPACK development: Evolution of a preservice design and technology course. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 2680–2685). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved from
- Brush, T., & Saye, J.W. (2009). Strategies for preparing preservice social studies teachers to integrate technology effectively: Models and practices. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 46– 59. Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/articles/v9i1socialstudies1.pdf Chai, C., Koh, J., & Tsai, C. (2013). A review of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Educational Technology& Society, 16(2), 31–51. Retrieved from http://scholar.google.com/scholar?
- Darling-Hammond, L. (2010). The flat world and education: How America's commitment to equity will determine our future. New York, NY: Teacher College, Columbia University.
- Figg, C., & Jaipal, K. (2013). Using TPACK-in-Practice Workshops to enable teacher candidates to create professional development workshops that develop tech-enhanced teaching. In R. McBride& M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2013 (pp. 5040–5047). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Greenhill, V & Petroff, S. (2010). 21st century knowledge and skills in educator preparation. Washington, DC: AACTE & P21
- Harris, J., Grandgenett, N., & Hofer, M. (2010). Testing a TPACK-based technology integration assessment rubric. In D. Gibson& B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 3833–3840). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Harris, J., & Hofer, M. (2009). Instructional planning activity types as vehicles for curriculum-based TPACK development. In C.D. Maddux (Ed.), Research highlights in technology and teacher education (pp. 99–
- Harris, J., Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2009). Teacher’s technological pedagogical content knowledge: Curriculum-based technology integration reframed. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 41(4), 393–416. Http://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2803_7
- Hofer, M., & Harris, J. (2010). Differentiating TPACK Development: Using Learning Activity Types with Inservice and Preservice Teachers. In C.D. Maddux, D. Gibson, & B. Dodge (Eds.), Research highlights in technology and teacher education 2010 (pp. 295–302). Chesapeake, VA: Society for Information
- Hofer, M. & Harris, J. (2016). Open Educational Resources (OERs) for TPACK Development. In G. Chamblee& L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2016 (pp. 2872-2877). Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Bouck, E.C., DeSchryver, M., Kereluik, K., Shin, T.S., & Wolf, L.G. (2011). Deepplay: Developing TPACK for 21st century teachers. International Journal of Learning Technology, 6(2), 146–163.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Niess, M., van Zee, E.H., & Gillow-Wiles, H. (2010). Knowledge growth in teaching mathematics/science with spreadsheets: Moving PCK to TPACK through online professional development. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 27(2), 42–52.
- Pamuk, S., Ergun, M., Cakir, R., & Yilmaz, H.B. (2013). Exploring relationships among TPACK components and development of the TPACK instrument. Education and Information Technologies, 20(2), 241–263.
- Shulman, L.S. (1987). Knowledge and teaching: Foundations of the new reform. Harvard Educational Review, 57(1).
- Schunk, D. (1984). Self-efficacy perspective on achievement behavior. Educational Psychologist, 19, 48–58.
- Wagner, T. (2012). Creating innovators: The making of young people who will change the world. New York, NY: Scribner.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.