Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Austin, TX, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-27-8 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This paper summarizes the challenges encountered when technology professional development was attempted with teachers in the Caribbean within the context of several initiatives funded by the development banks and regional governments. The cumulative observations are drawn from systematic studies in: Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Guyana, Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago
MacKinnon, P. & MacKinnon, G. (2017). The Unique Challenges of Preparing Teachers in the Caribbean to Teach With Technology. In P. Resta & S. Smith (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 620-623). Austin, TX, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/177340/.
© 2017 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bagchi, K. (2005). Factors contributing to global digital divide: Some empirical results. Journal of Global Information Technology Management, 8(3), 47-65.
- Benton-Borghi, B.H. (2016). Universal Design for Learning (UDL) Infused Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) Model Prepares Efficacious 21st-Century Teachers. Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) for Educators, 143.
- Brooks, J.G., & Brooks, M.G. (1993). The case for constructivist classrooms. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- DuFour, R. (2004). Schools as learning communities. Educational Leadership 61(8), 6-11. ESEP (2012) Final External Independent Evaluation of the Education Sector Enhancement Programme Report for the International Development Bank prepared by MindBloom Consulting
- Jonassen, D. (1996) Computers in the classroom: Mindtools for critical thinking. Columbus, Ohio: Prentice-Hall.
- Mishra, P. & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Rosenberg, J.M., & Koehler, M.J. (2015). Context and technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): a systematic review. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 47(3), 186-210.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.