International Journal on E-Learning Volume 17, Number 3, ISSN 1537-2456 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC USA
In the context of the road transport there is the need to provide new training opportunities for million of truck and bus drivers who are often on the road. The C95-Challenge EU Erasmus+ project aims to meet this need by introducing new training methodologies and solutions that support compulsory periodic courses. The main project result is the creation of a common training path containing online interactive contents in the form of hyper-videos, interactive slides, quizzes, apps and games. The evaluation of the project outcomes by trainers and drivers in various countries shows a general positive appreciation of the proposed methodology and material. Target users recognize the potential of the proposed learning technologies and methodology and considered the interactivity as a key factor to improve motivation and engagement.
Catenazzi, N., Sommaruga, L., De Angelis, K. & Gabbianelli, G. (2018). New Training Approaches for Drivers – A Practical Experience. International Journal on E-Learning, 17(3), 281-301. Waynesville, NC USA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/173905/.
© 2018 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bonaiuti G. (2010). Didattica attiva con i video digitali: Metodi, tecnologie, strumenti per apprendere in classe e in rete. Trento: Erickson
- Cattaneo, A., Nguyen, A.-T., & Aprea, C. (2016). Teaching and Learning with Hypervideo in Vocational Education and Training. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia, 25(1), 5-35
- Elias, T. (2011). Universal Instructional Design Principles for Mobile Learning. International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 12 (2), 143–156
- Greenberg, D., & Zanetis, J. (2012, March). The Impact of Broadcast and Streaming Video in Education. Retrieved May, 2017, from http://www.cisco.com/web/strategy/docs/education/ciscovideowp.pdf
- Igottadrive.com (2016). Online drivers’s education. Retrieved May, 2017, from http://igottadrive.com/
- Pimmer, C., & Gröhbiel, U. (2008). Mobile Learning in corporate settings. Results from an Expert Survey. Paper presented at the mLearn2008. The Bridge From Text To Context, Telford
- Stott, A., & Neustaedter, C. (2013). Analysis of Gamification in Education.
- Technical Report 2013-0422-01, Connections Lab, Simon Fraser University, Surrey, BC, Canada, April, 8 pgs. Retrieved May, 2017, from http://clab.iat .sfu.ca/pubs/Stott-Gamification.pdf
- Yousef, A. M. F., Chatti, M. A., & Schroeder, U. (2014, March). Video-Based Learning: A Critical Analysis of The Research Published in 2003-2013
- And Future Visions. Paper presented at eLmL 2014, The Sixth International Conference on Mobile, Hybrid, and On-line Learning, Barcelona, 112-119
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.