MtEceK - A Project to Investigate Teacher Knowledge of Early Childhood Teachers in Hong Kong
Kam Ling Lao, Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Savannah, GA, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
MtEceK Project is a research project to investigate teacher knowledge for developing children’s early mathematical concepts under the influence of technology in early childhood education in Hong Kong. In the project, a teacher knowledge framework will be established with defined components. An instrument will be developed with items corresponding to the components of the framework and tested with in-services early childhood teachers. The paper introduces the background and the design of the project as well as the development process of the instrument.
Lao, K.L. (2016). MtEceK - A Project to Investigate Teacher Knowledge of Early Childhood Teachers in Hong Kong. In G. Chamblee & L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 1450-1453). Savannah, GA, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/171881/.
© 2016 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C. & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT–TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers and Education, 52(1), 154-168
- Archambault, L.M. & Barnett, J.H. (2010). Revisiting technological pedagogical content knowledge: Exploring the TPACK framework. Computers& Education, 55(4), 1656-1662.
- Archambault, L.M. & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1).
- Ball, D.L., Thames, M.H., & Phelps, G. (2008). Content knowledge for teaching: What makes it special? Journal of Teacher Education, 59(5), 389-407.
- Brantley-Dias, L., & Ertmer, P.A. (2013). Goldilocks and TPACK. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 46(2), 103128.
- Depaepe, F., Verschaffel, L., & Kelchtermans, G. (2013). Pedagogical content knowledge: A systematic review of the way in which the concept has pervaded mathematics educational research, Teaching and Teacher Education, 34, 12–25.
- Fang, F. (2015). Designing a tool to support teachers with the TPACK framework. Paper presented at the E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2015, Kona, Hawaii, United States. Http://www.editlib.org/p/152130
- Grossman, P. (1990). The making of a teacher: Teacher knowledge and teacher education. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Harris, J., Hofer, M., Blanchard, M., Grandgenett, N., Schmidt, D., Van Olphen, M., & Young, C. (2010). “Grounded” Technology Integration: Instructional Planning Using Curriculum-Based Activity Type Taxonomies. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 18(4), 573-605.
- Herbst, P., & Kosko, K.W. (2014). Mathematical knowledge for teaching and its specificity to high school geometry instruction. In J. Lo, K.R. Leatham, & L.R. Van Zoest (Eds.), Research trends in mathematics teacher education (pp. 23-46). New York:
- Hill, H.C., Rowan, B., & Ball, D.L. (2005). Effects of Teachers’ Mathematical Knowledge for Teaching on Student Achievement. American Educational Research Journal, 42(2), 371–406.
- Hofer, M., & Harris, J. (2012). TPACK Research with Inservice Teachers: Where’s the TCK? Paper presented at the Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2012, Austin, Texas, USA. Http://www.editlib.org/p/40352
- Hutchison, A., & Colwell, J. (2016). Preservice Teachers' Use of the Technology Integration Planning Cycle to Integrate iPads Into Literacy Instruction. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 48(1), 1-15.
- Kleickmann, T., Richter, D., Kunter, M., Elsner, J., Besser, M., Krauss, S., & Baumert, J. (2013). Teachers’ Content Knowledge and Pedagogical Content Knowledge: The Role of Structural Differences in Teacher Education. Journal of Teacher Education, 64(1), 90–106.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing technological pedagogical content knowledge. In AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology (Eds.), The Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) for educators (pp. 329).
- Lao, K.L. (2014). A review of the Hong Kong early childhood curriculum from the perspective of mathematics education. Educational Alternatives, 12, 1083–1092.
- Ma, H.T. (2010). Discuss on the Guide to Early Childhood Curriculum (2006) and the Professionalisms of Hong Kong Kindergarten Teachers. Hong Kong Journal of Early Childhood, 9(1), 29–36.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Niess, M.L. (2012). Teacher knowledge for teaching with technology: A TPACK lens. In R.R. Ronau, C.R. Rakes, & M.L. Niess (Eds.), Educational technology, teacher knowledge, and classroom impact: A research handbook on frameworks and approaches (pp.1-15). British: IGI Global.
- Rosenberg, J.M., & Koehler, M.J. (2015). Context and Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): A Systematic Review. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 47(3), 186-210. Doi:10.1080/15391523.2015.1052663
- Sahin, I. (2011). Development of survey of technological pedagogical and content knowledge (TPACK). Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology-TOJET, 10(1), 97-105.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123-149.
- Shulman, L. (1987). Knowledge and Teaching: Foundations of the New Reform. Harvard Educational Review, 57(1), 1–23.
- Xiang, K., & Ning, L. (2014). Evaluating Chinese pre-service mathematics teachers’ knowledge of integrating technology in teaching. Journal of Mathematics Education, 7(1), 48-58.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
Teacher knowledge for early mathematics education in a technology-rich environment - in the eyes of practitioners
Kam Ling Lao, Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference 2017 (Mar 05, 2017) pp. 68–71
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.