Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Savannah, GA, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This poster will detail the theoretical framework and current progress of a one-to-one iPad initiative at an urban middle school in the southeastern United States. Results of the pre-study interviews around teachers’ efficacy with iPad integration, examples of collaboration between the teacher and the researchers around disciplinary content and technology integration, and observational data will be shared. We hope to share and continue the conversation around one-to-one integration in middle school classrooms.
Barrow, E., Minshew, L. & Anderson, J. (2016). Co-construction of Technology Integrated Lessons. In G. Chamblee & L. Langub (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 868-873). Savannah, GA, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 26, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/171786/.
© 2016 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Beetham, H. & Sharpe, R. (2013). Rethinking pedagogy for a digital age: Designing for 21st Century learning. New York: Routledge.
- Brown, A. (1992). Design experiments: Theoretical and methodological challenges in creating complex interventions in classroom settings. Journal of the Learning Sciences, 2(2), 141-178.
- Corbin, J. & Strauss, A. (Eds.) (2008). Basics of qualitative research: Techniques and procedures for developing grounded theory. New York: Sage.
- Creswell, J.W. (2012). Education Research: Planning, Conducting, and Evaluating Quantitative and Qualitative Research, 4th ed. Boston, MA: Pearson. 6
- Easterday, M., Rees Lewis, D. & Gerber, E. (2014). Design-based research process: Problems, phases, and applications. In Proceedings of the International Conference of Learning Sciences, June 23-27, 2014, Colorado, USA (pp. 317-324).
- Ertmer, P.A., Ottenbreit-Leftwich, A.T., Sadik, O., Sendurur, E., & Sendurur, P. (2012). Teacher beliefs and technology integration practices: A critical relationship.. Computer and Education, 59(2), 423-435. Doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/J.compedu.2012.02.001Gerard,L.F.,Varma,K.,Corliss,S.B., & Linn, M.C. (2011). Professional development for technology enhanced inquiry science. Review of Educational Research, 81(3), 408-448.
- Guskey, T.R., & Yoon, K.S. (2009). What works in professional development. Phi delta kappan, 90(7), 495-500.
- Hughes, J., Thomas, R., & Scharber, C. (2006). Assessing technology integration: The RAT – replacement, amplification, and transformation– framework. In the Proceedings from the Society of Technology and Teacher Education annual Conference. Pp. 1617-1619.
- Hughes, J. (2005). The role of teacher knowledge and learning experience informing technology-integrated pedagogy. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 13(2), 277-302.
- Jimoyiannis, A. (2010). Designing and implementing an integrated technological pedagogical science knowledge framework for science teachers professional development. Computers and Education, 55, 1259-1269. Doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2010.05.022
- Kim, C., Kim, M.K., Lee, C., Spector, J.M., & DeMeester, K. (2013). Teacher beliefs and technology integration. Teaching and Teacher Education, 29, 76-85. Doi:10.1016/J.tate.2012.08.005
- Looi, C., Wong, L., So, H., Seow, P., Toh, Y., Chen, W., Zhang, B., Norris, C., & Soloway, E. (2009). Anatomy of a mobilized lesson: Learning my way. Computers& Education, 53, 1120-1132.
- McKenny, S. & Reeves, T.C. (2012). Conducting educational design research. New York, NY: Routeledge.
- Minshew, L & Anderson, J.L. (2015). Teacher self-efficacy in 1:1 iPad integration in middle school science and math classrooms. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 15(3). Retrieved from http://www.citejournal.org/vol15/iss3/science/article1.cfm Mishra, P. & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Strauss, A. (1987). Qualitative analysis for social scientists. New York: Cambridge.
- Wu, W., Wu, Y.J., Chen, C., Kao, H., Lin, C., & Huang, H. (2012). Review of trends from mobile learning studies: A meta-analysis. Computers and Education, 59, 817-827.
- Zhang, B., Looi, C., Seow, P., Chia, G., Wong, L., Chen, W., So, H., Soloway, E., & Norris, C. (2010). Deconstructing and reconstructing: Transforming primary science learning via a mobilized curriculum. Computers& Education, 55, 1504-1523
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.