E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Kona, Hawaii, United States Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
Editing or publishing a book in interactive electronic format is challenging and requires careful decision-making, long term planning and a commitment to be successful. What does one need to do to edit, author and publish an ebook successfully? In this workshop the facilitators will share their experiences of editing and publishing an ebook. The facilitators will show examples of an interactive ebook and discuss how such ebooks are different from print books or passive ebooks. Also, we will explore why one might be interested in e-authoring and publishing such an ebook. The facilitators will provide tips and strategies for identifying the needed topics and issues for publication in their fields.
Bhattacharya, M. & Coombs, S. (2015). The challenges and scope of creating and editing an interactive electronic book. In Proceedings of E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 1953-1958). Kona, Hawaii, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 22, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/161837/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Bhattacharya, Y. & Bhattacharya, M. (2007). In Does Interactivity with Content Enhance the Quality of Learning? in Advanced Learning Technologies, 2007. ICALT 2007. Seventh IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies, 903-904, 18-20 July 2007.
- Bhattacharya, M., Mach, N. & Moallem, M. (2011). Emerging technologies in Learning: Impact on Cognition and Culture. Chesapeake, VA: AACE (Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education), USA.
- Coombs, S. (1995). Design and conversational evaluation of an IT learning environment based on selforganised learning. Unpublished PhD thesis, 2, 315, London: Centre for the Study of Human Learning (CSHL), Brunel University.
- Coombs, S. (2000). The psychology of user-friendliness: The use of Information Technology as a reflective learning medium. Korean Journal of Thinking and Problem Solving. 10(2), 19-31. Korea: Keimyung University.
- Coombs, S., Potts, M. & Whitehead, J. (2014). International Educational Development and Learning through Sustainable Partnerships: Living Global Citizenship. London, NY: Palgrave.
- Dias, A. (2009). Technology enhanced learning and augmented reality: an application on multimedia interactive books, IBER : International Business and Economics Review: Revista Internacional de Gestão e Comunicação, nº 1 (2009) . Available at: http://hdl.handle.net/10437/2529
- US Patent (2009). Patent number: US7631013 B2. Inventors: Marcella Parsons, Katherine Parsons. Publication date: Dec 8, 2009. Available at: https://www.google.com/patents/US20060230340
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.