EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-16-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
Abstract: In recent times, there has been a lot of research interest in the TPACK framework particularly in the United States and Australia, which seeks to explain the knowledge that teachers need to integrate ICT into practice (Abbitt 2011. Measuring teacher TPACK knowledge has become one of the main areas of interest, however a number of theoretical issues around defining the constructs and how these constructs relate to one another have compounded research. This study seeks to contribute to this research by focusing on English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers’ self-assessment of their TPACK at Hanoi University Vietnam. It also suggests that there are issues in measurement and that reconceptualization of the framework maybe needed.
Jordan, K., Dinh, H. & Elsden-Clifton, J. (2015). Measuring TPACK in Vietnam: Issues still remain. In S. Carliner, C. Fulford & N. Ostashewski (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2015--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 851-856). Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 21, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/151493/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Abbitt, J.T. (2011). Measuring Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in pre-service teacher education: A review of current methods and instruments. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 43(4), 281-300.
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualisation, development, and assessment of ICT-TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers and Education, 52(1), 154-168. Doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2008.07.006
- Archambault, L.M., & Barnett, J.H. (2010). Revisiting technological pedagogical content knowledge: Exploring the TPACK framework. Computers& Education, 55, 1656-1662.
- Archambault, L.M., & Crippen, K. (2009). Examining TPACK among K-12 online distance educators in the United States. Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, 9(1), 71-88.
- Brantley-Dias, L., & Ertmer, P.A. (2013). Goldilocks and TPACK: Is the construct "Just right"? Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 46(2), 103-128.
- Costello, A.B., & Osborne, J.W. (2005). Best practices in exploratory factor analysis: Four recommendations for getting the most from your analysis. Practical Assessment, Research& Evaluation, 10(7), 1-9.
- Chai, C.S., Koh, J.H.L., & Tsai, C.C. (2013). A review of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Educational Technology and Society, 16(2), 31-51.
- Field, A. (2013). Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS statistics (and sex and drug and rock 'n' roll). Los Angeles: Sage Publications.
- Graham, C.R. (2011). Theoretical considerations for understanding technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK). Computers& Education, 57, 1953-1960. Doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2011.04.010
- Hughes, J.E., & Scharber, C.M. (2008). Leveraging the development of English TPCK within the deictic nature of literacy. In The AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology (Ed.), Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPCK) for educators (pp. 87-106). New York: Routledge.
- Jordan, K. (2011). Beginning teacher knowledge: Results from a self-assessed TPACK survey. Australian Educational Computing, 26(1), 16-26.
- Jordan, K. (2014, October). Adapting an instrument to measure teacher TPACK. Paper presented at the Australian Computers in Education Conference 2014: Now IT's Personal, Adelaide, Australia.
- Jordan, K., & Dinh, T.B.H. (2012, October). TPACK: Trends in current research. Paper presented at the Australian Computers in Education Conference 2012: IT’s Time Now, Perth, Western Australia.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Niess, M.L. (2005). Preparing teachers to teach science and mathematics with technology: Developing a technology pedagogical content knowledge. Teaching and Teacher Education, 21, 509-523.
- Peeraer, J., & Petegem, P.V. (2011). ICT in teacher education in an emerging developing country: Vietnam's baseline situation at the start of "The Year of ICT". Computers& Education, 56, 974-982.
- Pierson, M.E. (2001). Technology integration practice as a function of pedagogical expertise. Journal of Research on Computing in Education, 33(4), 413-430.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for pre-service teachers. Journal of Research on Technology and Education, 42(2), 123-149.
- Shulman, L.S. (1986). Those who understand: Knowledge growth in teaching. Educational Researcher, 15(2), 4-14.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ed_Media_Montreal_2015_TPACK_in_Vietnam.ppt (Access with Subscription)