EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-16-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
ICT coordinators of 8 Teacher Education Colleges were interviewed about the integration of educational technology within their colleges. In this study, challenges of the implementation process were sought. The coordinators related to various stakeholders and processes – regarding the ministry, the college and the practice schools; referring to management, staff and students; and considering policy, curriculum and the pedagogical and technological practices in the colleges. Their main concerns were a resistance to change or learning, budget constraints, infrastructure and technical problems and a traditional use of educational technology. Consequently, questions are raised regarding the approach of ICT implementation within Teacher Education Colleges.
Asaf, M., Shonfeld, M. & Forkosh-Baruch, A. (2015). Challenges in ICT Implementation in Teacher Education Colleges as Viewed by the ICT coordinator. In S. Carliner, C. Fulford & N. Ostashewski (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2015--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 1581-1586). Montreal, Quebec, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/151433/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Avidov-Ungar, O. (2010). "Islands of Innovation" or "General Innovation": Assimilating Technology for Learning Management: A Case Study of School Networks in Israel. Interdisciplinary Journal of E-Learning and Learning Objects, 6. Retrieved from http://www.ijello.org/Volume6/IJELLOv6p259-280Avidov704.pdf Black, G., Smith, K. & Lamshed, R. (2009). Hot topic: ICT in pre-service teacher training– strategic ICT advisory service. Adelaide, Australia: Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace
- Goldstein, O. & Asaf, M. (2014). Evaluation of pre-service teachers' preparation for ICT teaching in Israeli Colleges of Education. Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2014. Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Hine, P. (Ed.) (2011). UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers (pp. 3–10). Paris, France: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. Retrieved from http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0021/002134/213475e.pdf Israeli MOE (2011). Adapting the Education System to the 21st Century: The National Plan, The official site of Israeli Ministry of Education. Retrieved from: http://cms.education.gov.il/EducationCMS/Units/MadaTech/englishsifria/AdaptingtheEducationSystemtothe21Cent
- Lai, K., & Pratt, K. (2004). Information and communication technology (ICT) in secondary schools: the role of the computer coordinator. British Journal of Educational Technology, 35(4), 461-475.
- Martinovic, D., & Zhang, Z. (2012). Situating ICT in the teacher education program: Overcoming challenges, fulfilling expectations. Teaching and Teacher Education, 28(3), 461-469.
- McGarr, O., & McDonagh, A. (2013). Examining the role of the ICT coordinator in Irish post-primary schools. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 22(2), 267-282.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. (T. Bastiaens, J. Dron, & C. Xin, Eds.) Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017–1054.
- Mulkeen, A. (2003). What can policymakers do to encourage integration of information and communications technology? Evidence from the Irish school system. Technology, Pedagogy and Education, 12(2), 277-293.
- Shonfeld, M., Zelkovitz, Z. & Goldshtein, O. (2010). ICT Coordinators: The educators behind the scenes. In D. Gibson& B. Dodge (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2010 (pp. 2386-2389). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Somekh, B. (1996). Value conflicts in the management of innovation: supporting information technology innovation in initial teacher training in the United Kingdom. Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education, 5(1-2), 115-137.
- Surry, D.W., Ensminger, D.C., & Haab, M. (2005). A Model for Integrating Instructional Technology into Higher Education. British Journal of Educational Technology, 36(2), 327-329.
- Tondeur, J., van Braak, J., Sang, G., Voogt, J., Fisser, P., & Ottenbreit-Leftwich, A. (2012). Preparing pre-service teachers to integrate technology in education: A synthesis of qualitative evidence. Computers& Education, 59(1), 134-144.
- Tondeur, J., Van Keer, H., van Braak, J., & Valcke, M. (2008). ICT integration in the classroom: Challenging the potential of a school policy. Computers& Education, 51(1), 212-223.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- Challenges_in_ICT_Implementation_in_Teacher_Education_Colleges.pptx (Access with Subscription)