Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
In the study herein, the authors adopted the framework of technological pedagogical content knowledge and the instructional design model of technology mapping in order to teach secondary education computer science teachers how to teach with technology. During a 15-hour teacher professional development program, teachers were trained how to think about the educational affordances of different computer tools and how to use them to transform computer science content and existing classroom practices. In addition, teachers learned how to think iteratively about technology, content, and pedagogy in order to design learning activities appropriate for learners’ conceptual ecology. The findings of the study strongly indicate that technological pedagogical content knowledge and technology mapping are efficient and effective methodological frameworks for teaching teachers how to teach with technology.
Angeli, C., Valanides, N. & Ioannou, I. (2015). Developing Computer Science Teachers’ Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 3050-3058). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150430/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2005). Pre-service teachers as ICT designers: An instructional design model based on an expanded view of pedagogical content knowledge. Journal of Computer-Assisted Learning, 21(4), 292302.
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT-TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154-168.
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2013). Technology Mapping: An approach for developing Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 48(2), 199-221.
- Ioannou, I., & Angeli, C. (2013). Teaching computer science in secondary education: A technological pedagogical content knowledge perspective. In Proceedings of the 8th Workshop in Primary and Secondary Computing Education (pp. 2-8), Denmark.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological pedagogical content knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017–1054.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.