Enhancing Urban Teachers STEM and Leadership Capacities: A preliminary report on a unique private-public-public partnership
Punya Mishra, Leigh Wolf, Sonya Gunnings Moton, Candace Marcotte, Kyle Shack, Akesha Horton, Christopher Seals, Alex Lishinski, Michigan State University, United States ; Dakota Pawlicki, Chicago Public Schools, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Las Vegas, NV, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-13-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
This symposium discusses a unique example of private-public-public partnership (the MSU-Wipro STEM & Leadership program) to enhance the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) teaching and leadership capacities of teachers in a large urban school district. Funded by private money (Wipro Inc. an international IT giant with some additional support from Microsoft), this project is the result of a close partnership between a ranked college of education at a public university (Michigan State) and a large public school system (Chicago Public Schools).
In this symposium we will describe the genesis of the project, the development of a relationship between the partners and will provide insight into the first year of the program. Presenters will include partners from Chicago Public Schools, leadership from within Michigan State University, as well as instructors and evaluators of the program. In this manner we hope to provide a rich, multi-faceted, and multi-layered descript
Mishra, P., Wolf, L., Gunnings Moton, S., Marcotte, C., Shack, K., Horton, A., Seals, C., Lishinski, A. & Pawlicki, D. (2015). Enhancing Urban Teachers STEM and Leadership Capacities: A preliminary report on a unique private-public-public partnership. In D. Rutledge & D. Slykhuis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2015--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 981-986). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 19, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/150122/.
© 2015 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Dewey, J. (1938). Education and Experience. New York: Kappa Delta Pi.
- Kaufman, J. (2010). The personal MBA: A world-class business education in a single volume. Portfolio Penguin.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing TPACK. In AACTE Committee on Innovation& Technology (Eds.), Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge for educators (pp. 3-29). New York: Routledge.
- Koehler, M.J., Mishra, P., Bouck, E., DeSchryver, M., Kereluik, K., Shin, T.S., Wolf, L.G. (2011). Deepplay: Developing TPACK for 21st century teachers. International Journal of Learning Technology, 6(2), 146–163.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A new framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record 108 (6), 1017-1054.
- Swenson, J., & Mitchell, D. (2006). Enabling communities and collaborative responses to teaching demonstrations. Red Cedar Writing Project, Michigan State University.
- Terry, L., Mishra, P., Henriksen, D., Wolf, L.G., Kereluik, K. (2013). Making it meaningful: The reciprocal relationship between technology and psychology. TechTrends, 57(3), 34-39.
- Wolf, L.G. (2011). Faculty versus student perceptions of the quality and relevance of a master's degree in educational technology (Order No. 3489755). Available From Dissertations& Theses@ CIC Institutions. (915788795).
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.