Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2014 EBOOK
Leping Liu, University of Nevada, Reno, United States ; David Gibson, simSchool & SITE, United States
Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2014. Published . ISBN 978-1-9397-9710-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC.
Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education is now in its sixth year of publication, and has become
one of the most important publications of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE).
This series of books represent the best of the scholarship offered at the SITE international conference, this year held
in Jacksonville, Florida and featuring about 1000 scholars and educators from nearly 60 countries.
Liu, L. & Gibson, D. (Eds.). (2014). Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2014. Waynesville, NC: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved May 20, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/148600/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Forward 5
- Preface 7
TPACK AND PRESERVICE EDUCATION
- The Construct is in the Eye of the Beholder: School Districts’ Appropriations and Reconceptualizations of TPACK 11
- Preparing Special Education Teachers to Teach Mathematics and Science with Technology: A Study of Teachers’ Surveys and Lesson Plans 19
- Mathematical Content, Pedagogy, and Technology: What It Can Mean to Practicing Teachers 27
- Designing an Educational Technology Course for Preservice Social Studies Teachers Based on Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK) Survey Results 35
- Impact of Design Teams on Preservice Teachers’ TPACK, Attitudes, & Skills 43
- A Systems Approach for Integrating Multiple Technologies as Important Pedagogical Tools for TPACK 51
- Assessment-Talks and Talking about Assessment: Negotiations of Multimodal Texts at the Boundary 59
- From Creation to Curation: Evolution of an Authentic ‘Assessment for Learning’ Task 69
RESEARCH ON LEARNING
- Video Self Modeling via iPods: The Road to Independent Task Completion 79
- Using Digital Resources to Support Personalized Learning Experiences in K-12 Classrooms: The Evolution of Mobile Devices as Innovations in Schools 85
- The Impact of a Digital Storytelling Assignment on Non-English-Major-Students’ Motivation for Learning English in a Japanese University 91
RESEARCH ON TEACHING
- Psychosocial and Cognitive Dimensions of the ‘Self’ within Pre-service Teachers’ Reflective Blogs 101
- Patterns of Mathematics Teachers' Characteristics and Beliefs about Computer Use in Education: A Cluster Analytic Approach 111
- Guiding Preservice Teacher Candidates to Implement Student-Centered Applications of Technology in the Classroom 131