EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Tampere, Finland ISBN 978-1-939797-08-7 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
In 2012, the Israel Ministry of Education began the implementation of the National Program for transforming the Educational System to meet demands of the 21st century in the Teacher Education Colleges. This quantitative study examined the state of pre-service teachers' preparation to teach with technology in seven colleges at the starting point of the Program's implementation. The sample included 802 students in the final stages of their study. Findings indicate that students' perception of their technological pedagogical and content knowledge is mostly correlated with the practical aspects of their training as well as their attitudes towards ICT contribution to teaching and learning. Findings show that the practical aspects of ICT-based teaching were not emphasized enough during their study at the colleges. College teacher educators and school mentor teachers predominantly modeled traditional uses of technology for teaching – mainly for presentation and demonstration. The paper discu
Goldstein, O. & Asaf, M. (2014). Evaluation of pre-service teachers' preparation for ICT teaching in Israeli colleges of education. In J. Viteli & M. Leikomaa (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2014--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 131-140). Tampere, Finland: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved December 15, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/147493/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Black, G., Smith, K. & Lamshed, R. (2009). Hot topic: ICT in pre-service teacher training– strategic ICT advisory service. Adelaide, Australia: Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations. Retrieved from http://dspace.edna.edu.au/dspace/bitstream/2150/54714/1/SICTAS_HT_pre-service.pdf Carroll, T. And Resta, P. (2010). The Summary Report of the Invitational Summit on Redefining Teacher Education for Digital-Age Learners. Retrieved from: http://redefineteachered.org/sites/default/files/SummitReport.pdf?
- Cochran-Smith, M. (2003). Learning and unlearning: The education of teacher educators. Teaching and Teacher. Education, 19(1), 5-28.
- Glaser, B. (1992). Basics of grounded theory analysis: Emergence vs. Forcing. Mill Valley, CA: Sociology Press Goldstein, O., Waldman, N., Tesler, B., Forkosh-Baruch, A., Shonfeld, M., Mor, N., Heilweil, I., Zelkovitz., Z.,
- Zidan, W. And Kozminsky, L. (2011). The current state of pre-service teachers training for ICT based teaching in Israel: 2008-2009, Proceedings of Global TIME: Global Conference on Technology, Innovation, Media& Education. (February, 22-24, 2011), AACE
- Gronseth, S., Brush, T., Ottenbreit-Leftwich, A., Strycker, J., Abaci, S., Easterling, W., Roman, T., Shin, S. & VanLeusen, P. (2010). Equipping the next generation of teachers: Technology preparation and practice. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 27(1), 30-36. Retrieved from http://mypage.iu.edu/~sgronset/2010-JDLTE27-1-030.pdf
- Hine, P. (Ed.) (2011). UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers (pp. 3–10). Paris, France: United Nations
- Kozma, R. (2008). Comparative analyses of policies for ICT in education. In J. Voogt& G. Knezek (eds.), International handbook of information technology in primary and secondary education, (pp 10883-1096). Berlin:
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. (T. Bastiaens, J. Dron, & C. Xin, Eds.) Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017–1054.
- Polly, D., Mims, C., Shepherd, C.E., & Inan, F. (2010). Evidence of impact: Transforming teacher education with preparing tomorrow’s teachers to teach with technology (PT3) grants. Teaching and Teacher Education, 26(4), 863– 870. Doi:10.1016/J.tate.2009.10.024
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.
- PreService Teachers_EDMEDIA-2014 f.pptx (Access with Subscription)