ICT Integration in Teaching and Teachers Training by Faculty Members in Israeli Colleges of Education, 2013 PROCEEDINGS
Miri Shonfeld, Kibbutzim College of Education and Mofet Institute, Israel ; Olzan Goldstein, Kaye Academic College of Education and Mofet institute, Israel
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Jacksonville, Florida, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-07-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The study examined the scope and ways of ICT integration in teaching and professional development by faculty members in colleges of Education which started the implementation of the national initiative to transform Teacher Education to meet demands of 21st century. According to findings faculty members incorporate a variety of ICT-based learning assignments which are related to presentation and learning management, visualization and simulation, experience in advanced online environments and development of 21st century's skills. Among 21st century skills inquiry-based learning and collaboration were the most represented in faculty members' teaching practices while writing tasks were the least popular. More than half of the sample was engaged in training students for teaching with ICT. However, a third of pedagogical supervisors did not relate to that yet. Most faculty members considered themselves as having good Technological, Pedagogical and Content Knowledge skills and they have positive attitudes towards ICT integration in teaching. However, 40 percent of them reported they integrate ICT in teaching in traditional ways. There is a need to continue increasing the scope of ICT integration but more important is to put emphasis on developing teaching models aimed at Knowledge Deepening and Creation.
Shonfeld, M. & Goldstein, O. (2014). ICT Integration in Teaching and Teachers Training by Faculty Members in Israeli Colleges of Education, 2013. In M. Searson & M. Ochoa (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2014--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2655-2660). Jacksonville, Florida, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved September 19, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/131188/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Brzycki, D. & Dudt, K. (2005). Overcoming Barriers to technology use in teacher preparation programs. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 13(4) Education Module, P. 619.
- Goktas, Y., Yildirim, S., & Yildirim, Z. (2009). Main barriers and possible enablers of ICTs integration into preservice teacher education Programs. Educational Technology& Society, 12(1), 193–204.
- Gomez, L.M., Sherin, M.G., Griesdorn, J., Finn, L. (2008). Creating social relationships: The role of technology in preservice teacher preparation. Journal of Teacher Education, 59(2), 117.
- Gronseth, S., Brush, T., Ottenbreit-Leftwich, A., Strycker, J., Abaci, S., Easterling, W., Roman, T., Shin, S. & VanLeusen, P. (2010). Equipping the next generation of teachers: Technology preparation and practice. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 27(1), 30-36.
- Hall, G.E. & Hord, S.M. (1987). Change in schools. Albany: SUNY Press
- Hine, P. (2011). UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers (pp. 3–10). Paris, France: United Nations
- Maltz, L. & DeBlois, P.B. (2005). Current IT Issues. EDUCAUSE Review, 40(3) (May/June 2005): 14–29.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. (T. Bastiaens, J. Dron, & C. Xin, Eds.) Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017–1054.
- Moser, Z.F. (2007). Faculty adoption of educational technology. Educause Quarterly,30(1), 66-69.
- Rogers, E.M. (2003). Diffusion of innovations (5th ed.). New York: Free Press.
- Surry, D.W., Ensminger, D.C. & Jones, M. (2002). A model for integrating instructional technology into higher education. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New Orleans, LA.
- Surry, D., Lewis, J., Yohn, A. & Vance, B. (2012). Exploration of Attitudes of Small College Presidents toward Technology Integration Issues. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 3094-3101). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.