Measuring TPACK... Yes! But how? A working session PROCEEDINGS
Petra Fisser, National Institute for Curriculum Development, Netherlands ; Lara Ervin, San Jose State University, United States ; Joke Voogt, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands ; Matt Koehler, Michigan State University, United States
Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Jacksonville, Florida, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-07-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
Many instruments are being developed within the international TPACK community. This roundtable session would serve as an opportunity to begin the dialogue necessary to the creation of an instrument that pulls together lessons learned from previous research and assessment design principles. We will focus specifically on an observation instrument. It is hoped that by bringing TPACK researchers together during an active roundtable working session, and by using examples of current observation instruments the development of an internationally useful observation instrument can begin.
Fisser, P., Ervin, L., Voogt, J. & Koehler, M. (2014). Measuring TPACK... Yes! But how? A working session. In M. Searson & M. Ochoa (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2014--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 907-908). Jacksonville, Florida, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved November 19, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/131160/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C., & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT–TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154-168. Doi:10.1016/J.compedu.2008.07.006.
- Cox, S., & Graham, C. (2009). Diagramming TPACK in practice: Using an elaborated model of the TPACK framework to analyze and depict teacher knowledge. TechTrends: Linking Research& Practice to Improve Learning, 53(5), 60-69.
- Hofer, M., Grandgenett, N., Harris, J. & Swan, K. (2011). Testing a TPACK-based technology integration observation instrument. In M. Koehler& P. Mishra (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2011 (pp. 4352-4359). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Koehler M. & Mishra P. (2005). What happens when teachers design educational technology? The development of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 32, 131-152.
- Koehler M. & Mishra P. (2008). Introducing TPCK. In Handbook of technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK) for educators (eds AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology), pp. 3-29. Routledge, New York.
- Koehler, M.J., Shin, T.S., & Mishra, P. (2012). How do we measure TPACK? Let me count the ways. In R.N. Ronau, C.R. Rakes, & M.L. Niess (Eds.), Educational technology, teacher knowledge, and classroom impact: A research handbook on frameworks and approaches (pp. 16-31). Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Schmidt D.A., Baran E., Thompson A.S., Mishra P., Koehler M.J. & Shin T.S. (2009) Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The development and validation of an assessment instrument for preservice teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42, 123 – 149.
- Shinas, V.H., Ylimaz-Ozden, S., Mouza, C., Karchmer-Klein, R., & Glutting, J.J. (2013) Examining domains of technological pedagogical content knowledge using factor analysis. Journal of Research in Teacher Education, 45(4), 339-360.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.