Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference, in Jacksonville, Florida, United States ISBN 978-1-939797-07-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA
The TPACK Teacher Game is an online game that applies game mechanics to course textbook materials in order to explicitly teach the TPACK knowledge needed for effective technology enhanced teaching practice, specifically identified by the Framework of TPACK-in-Practice. Data sources for the study included interviews of the instructors teaching the technology methods course in which the game was played, researcher field notes from weekly instructor meetings, and selected student artifacts shared by instructors. Findings indicate that the use of game play promoted a deeper understanding of knowledge needed for technology enhanced teaching, while promoting differentiation in learning needs of the game players. A unique finding from the study indicates that blending the mechanics of game play with building of TPACK knowledge enabled teacher candidates to visualize how to use technology tools for incorporating game mechanics into their own instructional practices.
Figg, C., Jaipal Jamani, K. & Ciampa, K. (2014). The TPACK Teacher Game: Gamifying Technological Pedagogical and Content Knowledge (TPACK). In M. Searson & M. Ochoa (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2014--Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2496-2500). Jacksonville, Florida, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 24, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/131159/.
© 2014 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Angeli, C. & Valanides, N. (2009). Epistemological and methodological issues for the conceptualization, development, and assessment of ICT-TPCK: Advances in technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPCK). Computers& Education, 52(1), 154-168.
- Corcoran, E. (2010). Gaming education. O'Reilly Radar. Retrieved October 12, 2013 from http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/10/gaming-education.html
- Cronk, M. (2012). Using gamification to increase student engagement and participation in class discussion. In T. Amiel& B. Wilson (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2012 (pp. 311-315). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved October 12, 2013 from
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative. (2011). 7 Things You Should Know About Gamification. Retrieved October 12, 2013 from http://net.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/ELI7075.pdf Figg, C., & Jaipal, K. (2009). Unpacking TPACK: TPK characteristics supporting successful implementation. In I. Gibson et al. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 20th International Conference of the Society for Information
- Figg, C. & Jaipal, K. (2012). TPACK-in-Practice: Developing 21st century teacher knowledge. In P. Resta (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2012 (pp. 4683-4689). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Figg, C. & Jaipal, K. (2013). Using TPACK-in-Practice Workshops to Enable Teacher Candidates to Create Professional Development Workshops that Develop Tech-Enhanced Teaching. In R. McBride& M. Searson (Eds.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology& Teacher Education International Conference 2013 (pp. 5040-5047). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved October 18, 2013 from
- Glover, I. & Latif, F. (2013). Investigating perceptions and potential of open badges informal higher education. In. Jan Herrington et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications 2013 (pp. 1398-1402). Chesapeake, VA: AACE. Retrieved October 12, 2013 from
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A framework for teacher knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108 (6), 1017–1054.
- Neiss, M.L. (2005). Preparing teachers to teach science and mathematics with technology: Developing a technology pedagogical content knowledge. Teaching and Teacher Education, 21(5), 509–523.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
TPACK in Elementary and High School Teachers’ Self-reported Classroom Practices with the Interactive Whiteboard (IWB) | Connaissances abordées dans les pratiques déclarées d’enseignants du primaire et du secondaire qui exploitent le tableau numérique interactif (TNI) en classe
Sonia Lefebvre, Ghislain Samson, Alexandre Gareau & Nancy Brouillette
Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology / La revue canadienne de l’apprentissage et de la technologie Vol. 42, No. 5 (Dec 31, 2016)
These links are based on references which have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake, please contact email@example.com.