Education and Information Technology 2013: A Selection of AACE Award Papers eBook
Theo J. Bastiaens, Open University, The Netherlands & Fernuniversität, Germany ; Gary H Marks, AACE, United States
Education and Information Technology 2013: A Selection of AACE Award Papers. Published . ISBN 978-1-9397-9700-1 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Chesapeake, VA.
We are proud to present to you this selection of 15 award winning papers from AACE’s conferences (http://AACE.org/conf). This year's selection includes papers from the annual conference of the Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education (SITE) in Austin (TX), World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications (Ed-Media) in Denver (CO) and World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (E-Learn) in Montréal (Canada). The decision to nominate a conference paper for an award was made by peer reviewers. All authors were honored during the conference and received a certificate that serves as testimony to their outstanding research and contribution to the conference. This AACE book groups the award winning papers into four parts. These four parts provide a timely overview and record of topics that are of primary interest in educational technology this year.
Bastiaens, T.J. & Marks, G.H. (Eds.). (2013). Education and Information Technology 2013: A Selection of AACE Award Papers. Chesapeake, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved September 19, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/112336/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- THEORETICAL FOUNDATIONS, SYSTEMATIC APPROACHES AND ADOPTION 17
- Online Course Design and Student Self‐efficacy 29
- The Effects of Modality and Multimedia Comprehension on the Performance of Students with Varied Multimedia Comprehension Abilties when exposed to High Complexity, Self‐paced Multimedia Instructional Materials 37
- Digital Portfolio Use as a Growth Mindset Tool 45
PART 2 THE TEACHER, THE CURRICULUM AND TECHNOLOGY
- Use of Visual and Multimedia Resources in an Undergraduate Classroom: A Case Study 51
- Computer Literacy Learning Emotions of ODL Teacher‐Students 61
- Looking for evidence of change: Evaluation in the Teaching Teachers for the Future project 71
PART 3 SOCIAL MEDIA OPPORTUNITIES
- Impact of Using Facebook as a Social Learning Platform to Connect High School Students with Working Adults 83
- Social Networking Services in E‐Learning 91
- Aligning Facebook and Twitter with Social Studies Curriculum 101
- PART 4 NEW PHENOMENA; VIRTUAL REALITIES, ROBOTICS AND AGENTS 107
- Creating Hybrid Learning Experiences in Robotics: Implications for Supporting Teaching and Learning 111
- Incorporating Social Oriented Agent and Interactive Simulation in E‐learning: Impact on Learning, Perceptions and Experiencesto non‐Native English Students. 117
- How Virtual Learning Environments Function to Simulate IEP Team Meetings in a Distance Teacher Education Program 127
- English Collocation Learning through Corpus Data; On‐line Concordance and Statistical Information 133