Digital Guidebook Supporting TPACK for Teachers to Teach Learners Motor Skills in Physical Education
Kosuke Terashima, Shinsuke Takesue, Faculty of Education, Nagasaki University, Japan ; Takako Koshimizu, Faculty of Education, Shizuoka University, Japan ; Takashi Fujiki, Faculty of Education, Nagasaki University, Japan
EdMedia + Innovate Learning, in Victoria, Canada ISBN 978-1-939797-03-2 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), Waynesville, NC
In this study, the authors developed a digital guidebook for teachers in the instruction of motor skills. They employ the use of the horizontal bar in Japanese physical education as an example. This study offers valuable information and reduces difficulties in teaching this skill. According to the results, the digital guidebook for teachers was positively evaluated. Terminology posed an obstacle to the understanding of its contents; however, the developers can overcome this problem using movies, which are very effective.
Terashima, K., Takesue, S., Koshimizu, T. & Fujiki, T. (2013). Digital Guidebook Supporting TPACK for Teachers to Teach Learners Motor Skills in Physical Education. In J. Herrington, A. Couros & V. Irvine (Eds.), Proceedings of EdMedia 2013--World Conference on Educational Media and Technology (pp. 128-133). Victoria, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved March 25, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/111943/.
© 2013 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Guerrero, S. (2010). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge in the Mathematics Classroom. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education, 26(4), 132-139.
- Jang, S.-J., & Chen, K.-C. (2010). From PCK to TPACK: Developing a Transformative Model for Pre-Service Science Teachers. Journal of Science Education and Technology, 19(6), 553-564.
- Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2008). Introducing technological pedagogical knowledge. In The AACTE Committee on Innovation and Technology (Eds.), The Handbook of Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge for Teaching and Teacher Educators (pp. 3–29). New York: Routledge.
- Mishra, P., & Koehler, M.J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
- Shulman, L.S. (1987). Knowledge and Teaching: Foundations of the New Reform. Harvard Educational Review, 57(1), 1-22.
- Schmidt, D.A., Baran, E., Thompson, A.D., Mishra, P., Koehler, M.J., & Shin, T.S. (2009). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge (TPACK): The Development and Validation of an Assessment Instrument for Preservice Teachers. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(2), 123-149.
- Terashima, K. (2011) Research Trends on Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Proceedings of 18th Annual Meeting of Japan Association for Educational Media Study, 167-168.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.