PDAs in Teacher Education: A Case Study Examining Mobile Technology Integration Article
Teresa Franklin, Ohio University, United States ; Colleen Sexton, Governors State University, United States ; Yong Lu, Ohio University, China ; Hongyan Ma, Rio Grande University, China
Journal of Technology and Teacher Education Volume 15, Number 1, ISSN 1059-7069 Publisher: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education, Chesapeake, VA
The classroom computer is no longer confined to a box on the desk. Mobile handheld computing devices have evolved into powerful and affordable learning tools. Handheld technologies are changing the way people access and work with information. The use of Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs or handhelds) has been an evolving part of the business world for more than 15 years and the implementation of these devices in higher education has often followed that business model. This article will provide research findings from a case study concerning the use of PDAs to support the integration of technology into a Teacher Education program at a midwestern university's College of Education.
Franklin, T., Sexton, C., Lu, Y. & Ma, H. (2007). PDAs in Teacher Education: A Case Study Examining Mobile Technology Integration. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 15(1), 39-57. Chesapeake, VA: Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education. Retrieved August 17, 2017 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/6207/.
© 2007 SITE
- Campus Techno logy from the Sy l labus Med ia Group . (2004 , December) .
- Frauenfelder , M . (1999 , July 14) . The future is at hand . The Indus try S tandard . Re tr ieved January 4 , 2003 , from h t tp : / /cg i .cnn .com /TECH /compu t ing /9907 /14 /handhe ld . Idg /
- Peterson , D . (2002 , November 2) . Imp lemen t ing PDAs in a co l lege course: One pro fessor’s perspec t ive. Retrieved on March 1 , 2005 , from http://www.campus Techno logy .com /ar t ic le .asp? id=6897
- Samis , M . (1994 , October) . The digital apprentice . E lec tron ic Learn ing, 14 , 42-46 .
- SRI International . (2002 , November) . New SRI In terna t iona l s tudy shows handhe ld compu ters can increase learn ing in K-12 c lassrooms . Retr
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.