E-Learn: World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, in Vancouver, Canada ISBN 978-1-880094-57-0 Publisher: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE), San Diego, CA
More and more teacher education and educational technology programs are adopting electronic portfolio systems to provide students opportunities to collect digital artifacts to demonstrate skills and knowledge to meet program standards. The Master of Science in Instructional Technology graduate program at New York Institute of Technology recently initiated an e-portfolio project as a pilot project for the School of Education programs. This paper will discuss the rationale for adopting an e-portfolio system, implementation issues, evaluation results, and lessons learned. Selected students' e-portfolios will be analyzed and demonstrated at the presentation.
Uttendorfer, M., McPherson, S. & Wang, S.K. (2005). The Implementation of the Electronic Portfolio System in the Master of Science in Insructional Technology program. In G. Richards (Ed.), Proceedings of E-Learn 2005--World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education (pp. 1143-1148). Vancouver, Canada: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). Retrieved January 20, 2019 from https://www.learntechlib.org/primary/p/21344/.
© 2005 Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Barrett, H. (1997). Collaborative planning for electronic portfolios: Asking strategic questions. [Available online] Retrieved April 10, 2005 from http://electronicportfolios.com/portfolios/planning.html
- Fullan, M. (2001). The new meaning of educational change 3rd ed., New York: Teachers College Press.
- Kilbane, C., & McNergeny, R. (2001). Focus on technology: Digital teaching portfolios build, display talent. [Available online] Retrieved April 05, 2005 from http://www.aacte.org/Programs/Research/focus_tech_digital.htm
- Marcus, J. (1995). In Gilbert, S. An online experience. Change, 27(2), 28-45.
- Paulson, F., Paulson. P., & Meyer, C. (1991). What makes a portfolio? Educational Leadership, 48(5), P.60-63.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.