Open Education: A Revolution of Resources and Community
Jason Murray, Cornwall-Lebanon School District, United States
TCC, ISSN 1937-1659 Publisher: TCCHawaii
Murray, J. (2014). Open Education: A Revolution of Resources and Community. In Proceedings of TCC 2014 (pp. 65-72). TCCHawaii. Retrieved December 19, 2018 from https://www.learntechlib.org/p/149829/.
© 2014 TCCHawaii
- Aksulu, A., & Wade, M. (2010). A comprehensive review and synthesis of open source research. Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 11(11), 576-656.
- Allen, I.E., & Seaman, J. (2011). Going the Distance: Online Education in the United States, 2011: ERIC.
- Baraniuk, R.G. (2007). Challenges and opportunities for the open education movement: A Connexions case study. Opening Up Education: The Collective Advancement of Education through Open Technology, Open Content, and Open Knowledge, 116-132.
- Brown, J.S., & Adler, R.P. (2008). Open education, the long tail, and learning 2.0. Educause review, 43(1), 16-20.
- Caswell, T., Henson, S., Jensen, M., & Wiley, D. (2008). Open content and open educational resources: Enabling universal education. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 9(1).
- Chandrasekaran, S., Stojcevski, A., Littlefair, G., & Joordens, M. (2013). Project-oriented design-based learning: aligning students’ views with industry needs. International journal of engineering education, 29(5), 1109-1118.
- Dabbagh, N., & Kitsantas, A. (2012). Personal Learning Environments, social media, and selfregulated learning: A natural formula for connecting formal and informal learning. The Internet and higher education, 15(1), 3-8.
- De Waard, I., Koutropoulos, A., Özdamar Keskin, N., Abajian, S.C., Hogue, R., Rodriguez, C.O., & Gallagher, M.S. (2011). Exploring the MOOC format as a pedagogical approach for mLearning. Proceedings from mLearn.
- Hylén, J. (2006). Open educational resources: Opportunities and challenges. Proceedings of Open Education, 49-63.
- IDC. (2011). Worldwide Server Market Revenues. Retrieved November 13, 2011, from http://www.idc.com
- Leppa, C., Brockhaus, A., Goldstein, D., Bliquez, R., & Porter, I. (2011). Hybrid Learning and Faculty Development: Using a “Community of Inquiry” Framework to Foster Hybrid Teaching and Learning Success. Paper presented at the World Conference on E-Learning inCorporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education.
- MIT. (2001). MIT to make nearly all course materials available free on the WorldWide Web. MITnews. Retrieved from http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2001/ocw.html Muntean, C.I.
- Osguthorpe, R.T., & Graham, C.R. (2003). Blended Learning Environments: Definitions and Directions. Quarterly Review of Distance Education, 4(3), 227-233.
- Schweik, C., Evans, T., & Grove, J.M. (2005). Open source and open content: A framework for global collaboration in social-ecological research. Ecology and Society, 10(1), 33.
- Shadle, S., Perkins, R., Lincoln, D., Humphrey, M., & Landrum, E. (2013). A Multi-faceted, Organic Approach to a Campus-wide Mobile Learning Initiative: The Case of Boise State University. Paper presented at the World Conference on Educational Multimedia, Hypermedia and Telecommunications.
- Sheldon, L. (2011). The multiplayer classroom: Designing coursework as a game: Course Technology Press.
- Stallman, R. (1998). The GNU project.
- Torvalds, L. (1992). LINUX’s History. July, 31, 1992.
- Torvalds, L. (1999). The linux edge. Communications of the ACM, 42(4), 38-39.
- Tucker, B. (2012). The flipped classroom. Education Next, 12(1), 82-83.
- Wiley, D.A. (2003). A modest history of OpenCourseWare. Retrieved from http://www.reusability.org/blogs/david/archives/000044.html
- Wilks, J.L., & Jacka, L. (2013). Second Life, first experiences: Using virtual worlds in teacher education. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38(4), 10.
- Williams, S. (2002). Free as in freedom: Richard Stallman's crusade for free software. Sebastopol, Calif. ; Farnham: O'Reilly.
- Zhao, Y., Lu, Y., & Wang, X. (2013). Organizational unlearning and organizational relearning: a dynamic process of knowledge management. Journal of Knowledge Management, 17(6), 902-912.
These references have been extracted automatically and may have some errors. If you see a mistake in the references above, please contact email@example.com.